Thank you for considering guest posting on Discount Days Out.
Discount Days Out is a blog for UK parents wanting to find ideas for good value days out and activities in the UK. We would love to feature your work in order to broaden our coverage of different regions and add content to our blog.
We would love to feature your posts in the following categories:
- Honest reviews of UK family friendly destinations – big or small, with an emphasis on value for money;
- Honest reviews of UK short breaks;
- List / Round ups, e.g. 5 great value destinations for families in Kent; 10 ways to save money in the summer holidays
- Other post ideas suitable for UK parents wanting good value days out.
Your blog post should be:
- Unique, well written content not featured on other sites;
- Your own work;
- At least 1000 words;
- Use H2 subheadings
- It should not contain affiliate links. However, a do-follow backlink to your own site, including any particular posts or landing pages for your own opt-ins or products are welcome.
- Non-affiliate links to third party websites are acceptable, especially if it is the website of a place featured in the post.
Please note: not all blog post ideas will be approved.
When you guest post on Discount Days Out, you get:
- The opportunity to include an author bio promoting your blog and social media profiles;
- The chance to be featured on our contributor page if you guest post at least 2 times;
- A backlink to your site;
- Links to any of your OWN opt-ins or landing pages you may wish to promote (no affiliate links please);
- Promotion on our social media profiles;
- A brand new audience for your blog;
- Potential traffic from Discount Days Out;
- Experience writing high-quality blog posts;
- Support from our community of bloggers.
How Do I Submit An Idea?
Please email email@example.com with your blog post attached in Google Docs or Word format. Include the links to your own blog, and your own author bio. Images can be included, e.g. if these are your own of a place you are reviewing, but not essential.
If approved, depending on the amount of submissions, your posts will be published within 2-6 weeks. You will be contacted via your email address to let you know the post is approved and its scheduled publication date.
If you have any queries about writing or submitting a post you can contact us on the same email address.
What Happens After I Guest Post?
When your blog post is published on Discount Days Out, go ahead and share it on all of your social media profiles.
This will help you grow your brand, audience and traffic as well as your credibility in your blog niche.
We will also promote your post on our social media profiles.
Please DO NOT copy your blog post and publish it on your blog or another blog.
You retain all rights to your content, but if you decide to publish it on another website, unfortunately we will have to unpublish it from our site.
This is to avoid having duplicate content out there and can confuse the search engines and benefit neither of the blogs.
If you enjoyed guest posting on Discount Days Out, we would love it if you guest posted again. If you guest post at least 2 times, we will add you to our contributor page!
Melissa & team